A Cloud Systems Engineer required to be based in London / West End, (2 days a week essential)
c.£55,000, 35 hour working week (with flexibility required) and good benefits package
With a newly adapted and creative ways of working our customer is looking for someone to join the growing IT team as they build internal IT capability.
The focus of the role is in two parts: the main focus will be to migrate or create IT infrastructure on cloud-based platforms, primarily within Azure.
The other part of the role will be to provide additional support to the existing in-house system engineer to manage the Windows servers, Active Directory, O365 and VMware.
The right person will be a key member our IT department, with influence on the strategic direction of the IT network and infrastructure.
● To help maintain, support and develop core applications, servers and systems used within the company and support the company with focus on the migration to cloud-based services where appropriate and management of cloud systems once in production.
● Collaborate with our diverse colleagues to select and integrate technical solutions for a range of digital projects using either the internal IT infrastructure or externally sourced systems and services.
● Test and continuously improve processes and procedures for patch management, disaster recovery and business continuity and onboarding/offboarding of staff are as efficient and robust as they can be.
● Develop and implement appropriate cloud security procedures and policies.
● To research, plan, coordinate and implement any upgrades in accordance with industry standards with third parties.
● To administrate Windows Servers through scripted as well as conventional methods, including PowerShell for user accounts and access privileges.
● Maintain and develop Windows server environment running under Windows 2012.
● Configure and support network account management interfaces with Cloud-based services such as Office 365.
● Ensure that core systems can be brought back into service rapidly in the event of a major incident.
● Support and perform system maintenance, security and integrity checks by supervising backup procedures and other security controls.
● Lead documentation and change control processes to applications, systems and servers.
● Actively promote team values, including accepting and promoting agreed standards, encouraging and supporting other team members, and supporting management in achieving agreed goals.
You must also be/have:
• Confident in running applications, servers and systems in an enterprise network.
• Skilled in implementing large IT services projects and working with external suppliers to deliver services.
• Experience of migrating systems to cloud-based services, with focus on the Azure platform.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of Windows server management, Active Directory, O365 and Veeam.
• Networking experience – TCP/IP Cisco and broad knowledge of networking technologies (IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, switching).
• Router / firewall configuration and management.
• Experience of implementing managing enterprise MDM.
• Ability to implement and manage Endpoint security software
• Knowledge of at least one high level programming language such as Powershell.
• Practical in-depth knowledge of managing and maintaining VMware vSphere.
• Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (AZ – 104) certified.
Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500) certified.
• Knowledge of Citrix.