A Programme Manager required for a leading e-commerce company based near Maidenhead.
Hours: Full time (flexible working arrangements in place)
Reports to: CTO
Key Interfaces: Technical team, CMO, CFO, CCO, Marketing/Operations teams and external partners
This company has technical and product teams which are tasked with the continuous delivery of a roadmap that underpins the vision for the product across every touchpoint for both consumers and corporate customers.
As the programme manager, you will be a key part of a team transforming the way people enjoy, discover, select and engage with the product offerings. The key challenge for the team is delivering high quality and broad scope to the tight timelines dictated by a highly seasonal gifting-led business. Over the few next years they must continue to deliver rapid change whilst also laying the foundations for more efficient future. This is both challenging and massively rewarding.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to gather, understand and prioritise requirements in the form of a roadmap and delivery plans
- Engage at exec level to ensure that the roadmap and prioritisation meets the needs of the business and growth strategy
- Manage a team of two product owners who support the business in translating high level requirements (both functional and non-functional) into user stories and acceptance criteria for delivery.
- Use market analysis and data insights to identify growth and development opportunities to improve digital CX and site functionality, growing sales as result
- Collaborate and interact with multi-disciplined development teams, to evolve our processes and their underpinning technologies
- Ensuring that there is a clear understanding of what they are delivering plus the associated costs, benefits and timelines.
- Contribute to a clear customer experience vision across the whole team and contribute the customer experience and technology strategy
- Help facilitate decision making with stakeholders and the agile development team.
- Investigate solutions using a range of approaches, including researching competitor products, commercially available platforms and potential partners.
- Understand, analyse and document current processes to Identify and propose opportunities for improvement.
- Gain approval and adoptions of projects through demos and user acceptance testing.
- Lead best practice in the team and develop business analysis discipline.
The Ideal Candidate will have: Key Skills
- Complete customer focus backed by commercial awareness
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore and evaluate them systematically.
- A strong background in ecommerce
- Quickly understands business issues and technical challenges on a project.
- Understanding and developing an Experience Management Lifecycle
- Understands the role of business Analysts and product managers in supporting delivery of agile projects
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively with stakeholders and stay open to ideas/suggestions.
- An interest and understanding of relevant technologies, especially content management (CMS), ecommerce and CRM systems
- Can confidently and effectively present options and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Can work proactively to resolve project issues and mitigate project risks.
- Can interpret and articulate data and data modelling.
- Background in managing digital projects and programmes
- Working in a Scrum/agile software development environment.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications and reports.
- Working on online application projects and with relevant technologies.
- Evidence of problem-solving and providing creative solutions.
- Working in and organising multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrable experience of using relevant planning and development tools (they use Monday.com, confluence and Jira but always open to new ideas!)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working in an ecommerce or content management software delivery environment.
- Experience working in small to medium businesses with a very high rate of change.
- Interpreting data to make evidence-based decisions.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing international business backed by one of the world’s best loved brands
- Chance to work in the thriving experiences sector
- Competitive package with a wide range of company and further benefits
- Flexible working arrangements (daily hours as well as home/office days)
- Genuine opportunity to make a big impact on the way we deliver for customers and grow the business