We are working with a stable, growing and forward thinking London based consulting firm with a focus on financial, technology, analytics and data.
They really do love what they do! they focus on helping clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology. Due to growth, they have an exciting opportunity for a web developer with at least a couple of years’ experience to join the London office (when all back to normal!) – offices near Bond Street tube.
You will be working alongside a rapidly expanding team of seasoned developers with a variety of skill sets. You will have the opportunity to showcase your own skill set and work side by side with experienced development leads across all the frontend projects
Excitingly, you will be responsible for developing new projects as well as the maintenance of the existing, clean codebase.
Checking the team’s work across modern browser applications is also an important aspect of the role, as well as maximizing platform performance by ensuring codebase is optimised.
You will also be managing your own workload and delivery so you should be aware of, and create, realistic project timescales.
If you are passionate about general development and knowledgeable of recent trends and emerging technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
What will your day to day responsibilities be?
- Working closely with backend developers to display complex data in a meaningful way
- Maintaining the frontend application logic and design elements
- Working closely with the design team to come up with exciting new features
- Researching new technologies
- Integrating existing packages with the codebase; creating your own packages and building new tools
- Ensuring the codebase meets cross-browser, accessibility and high-speed requirements
What essential skills and personal qualities do you need to apply for this role?
- A passion for web development is essential
- At least 2 years industry experience in a development role, with either a related degree or a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with a wide variety of technologies, including Vue.js (or similar), Vanilla JS, Responsive layouts/Grid, JS charting libraries (data visualisation), advanced JS/CSS animations
- Familiarity with a form of version control system, such as Git or TFS
- Experience using Azure would be advantageous along with an understanding of TypeScript
- Coding in C# or similar
- Knowledge of UI/UX and design packages
- Familiarity with package managers (NPM/Yam or Bower) and build tools (Webpack or Gulp)
- Experience in data visualisation
- Self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload