Working with a SME telecommunications firm in Shad Thames London, seeking a front end developer to join the team.
Would suit a candidate with 18-24 months of experience looking to further career with a team mentor.
“You will be working as part of our development team on our websites and with marketing on marketing campaigns. You must have a passion for building creative, visually stunning, user-friendly websites. You will be working with different teams and across the different brands within the group. The role is based in our London offices.
The main responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Work with the team on UI/UX design ensuring technical feasibility
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensuring all features are documented
- Optimising the current websites recommending and developing improvements
- Checking and testing all new features before they are released
- Working closely with the back-end developers
- Building responsive cross-browser, cross-platform websites
- Ensuring websites are designed to maximise SEO principles
- Providing realistic project timeframes.
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent degree
- Experience of using and configuring CMS for savvy and non tech-savvy users. Experience in integrating front end technologies alongside backends built in Java JSP and C#.Net (ideally)
- A passion for UX design and for the digital customer experience across a wide range of devices and media
- Expert of responsive web design
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Must have worked in an environment using continuous integration, continuous deployment and Git
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, such as Gimp, Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus