Our customer is a leader in their chosen field, a profitable high growth business , exciting times!
The role will report to the Head of Software Development and work as part of the internal development team, alongside Business Analysts, Product Managers and external developers.
Our customer is looking for an ambitious candidate who will take an important role in the technology team as they design, deliver and migrate to a refreshed suite of software and an improved experience for the customer base. The successful candidate must have experience and knowledge of all stages of the software development process. Specific responsibilities and attributes for the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Work effectively within a small Agile team and contribute to all aspects of the software development process from design through to delivery.
• Develop well-crafted, reliable and efficient software using C# in Microsoft’s technology stack (including dotnet core and .NET MVC).
• Basic working knowledge of Java and Freemarker.
• Understand and be able to use SQL queries & stored procedures in web applications. Knowledge of leveraging noSQL such as Redis a plus.
• Experience of APIs; design, build and implementation for internal systems, and integrations into 3rd-party APIs.
• Work closely with the IT team, marketing and the wider business to devise innovative solutions for new product features.
• Maintain and improve the performance, reliability and quality of existing solutions.
This is a great opportunity to take on a rewarding role in a talented technical team!
Professional Experience & Qualifications
• A computing degree and/or appropriate experience in professional software development. Relevant eCommerce experience would be beneficial.
• Can write code to a high standard.
• Be QA aware; know how to code ready for unit testing, and what to test using integration tests. Familiarity with SonarQube and Selenium would be advantageous.
• Demonstrate knowledge and vocabulary of software development principles.
• Ability to work both in collaboration and independently.