Our customer is seeking an IT manager to join in a newly (PLACED)
The Head of IT is a Key Function level role whose purpose is to provide strategic direction and oversight of the Society’s information and communication technology systems, and to maintain appropriate internal risk policies and controls to avoid or mitigate the IT related risks that arise from the Society’s IT strategy.
- Manage all relationships with external service providers of IT related services to the Society to ensure compliance with agreed service standards, risk controls, contractual terms and to ensure the service continues to represent value for money.
- Delivery of successful IT services outcomes that enables the society to achieve its strategic and operational objectives, ensuring IT governance, controls and quality assurance are effective.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks surrounding cyber security.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Society’s business strategy and advise the Chief Finance & Operations Officer on the IT considerations and requirements of that strategy.
- In consultation with all relevant stakeholders, develop and then implement an appropriate IT strategy that both facilitates the primary business strategy and meets the general IT needs of the business.
- Manage the Society’s IT framework and IT strategy within an appropriate system of financial and risk management controls.
- Provide activity and oversight reports to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer at regular intervals, and from time-to-time the Board of Directors or its Audit and Risk Committee.
- Project manages all IT related development tasks and coordinates with relevant stakeholders to deliver such projects within agreed timeframes, specifications, and budgets.
- Maintain appropriate documented records of all IT strategies, policies, procedures and reports for audit and governance purposes.
- Maintain and understand your responsibilities in the event the Society experiences a disruption to its normal business operations and comply with the operational resilience planning.
- Adhere to Company Risk Management policy and procedures, including reporting of incidents or breaches.
- Comply with such other directions of the Chief Finance & Operations Officer, Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors as may be given from time to time.
- Understand the IT infrastructure, systems, applications, and processes that support the IT services.
- Solid knowledge of the IT service lifecycle.
- Ability to align the IT services with society’s objectives, strategies, and values.
- Understanding of Problem, Change & Release Management, Disaster Recovery & Continuous Service Improvement Management
- Excellent communication skills – collaborative approach.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills. Ability to establish strong working relationships with outsourced providers and other stakeholders.
- Familiar with the IT service management frameworks, standards, and best practices, such as ITIL.
- Passionate about continuous service improvement and delivering results.
- Educated to Degree Level or holds relevant insurance industry experience.
- ITIL Certification or End-user level computer and networking skills -Desirable
- Project Management certification (Prince 2) – Desirable.
Salary: TBA depending on experience
- Bonus scheme
Flexible hybrid working