Newly created role for Birmingham City Center, (PLACED)
The role holder will be the key support to the Head of Internal Communications in delivering the internal communications strategy, with a particular emphasis upon overseeing and developing the organisation’s core internal communications channels, which currently include Connect, Yammer and email briefings.
You will work with Executive, senior and mid-level colleagues across all areas of the business to ensure the right messaging and content are developed to inform and engage the 3,700 people across our network, taking the lead on specific projects and business partnering with agreed functions
• Ensure the Internal Communications strategy is implemented effectively with consistent messages that support business objectives.
• Oversee the business as usual internal communications channels, currently including Connect, Yammer and email briefings.
• Contribute to the internal communications strategy by developing ideas and initiatives for improving the effectiveness of the channels, including the introduction of new channels.
• Develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders so internal communications consistently meets the needs of all departments, working with agreed functions as a business partner.
• Lead on agreed internal communications and engagement projects, agreed with the Head of Internal Communications.
• Support with the development and delivery of in person and virtual events.
• Line manage one role (Retail Support Manager, Internal Communications)
• Deputise for the Head of Internal Communications when needed.