Seeking a lead QA/Tester Lead for a SaaS customer based around Liverpool St. (Interview Stage)
to play a key role in building a specialist quality assurance and testing offering, both in the delivery of existing software products and in the build out of new features, as part of a continuous delivery strategy
A passionate QA/ Tester, with a track record of manual and automated software testing of complex web applications (full development lifecycle), able to lead a programme of testing for a core software product.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in shaping and growing our quality assurance and testing team.
You will be exposed to challenges of test-driven development, continuous delivery, a growing shift to automated testing, scaling testing strategies, and ensuring a strong underlying commercial drive is maintained.
You will have scope to develop as a specialist Test Architect, or as a QA Lead with a blend of technical (system architecture, product build) and commercial (functional product understanding, domain insight), alongside the growth of your skills as a team leader and expert when engaging with internal and external customers.
English fluency is critical. Spanish would be valuable, but is not a prerequisite. You will work closely with the Malaga office, and (in)directly with our customers who are typically concentrated in English-medium business environments.
Whilst this is fundamentally a technical role, you must have prior experience in, or the desire to develop skills in the design and project planning of the testing approach. You will further be required to motivate your approach (written and verbal) to the UK-based Product Owner, and to the Malaga-based Head of Testing.
An interest in our customers, the London Insurance domain, and the role our software is playing in improving the efficiency and service delivery of our customers, is key.
Best practice in Software Testing/ Quality Assurance
you will be required to develop your expertise in software testing,
you will be required to research different testing approaches, to investigate current and emerging testing tools, and to apply a commercial view when motivating for the use of such
Whom we hope to attract:
You will have graduated with a related degree (e.g. software development, computer engineering) and
- have already acquired a number of years’ experience working in a software testing environment
- optimally building new products, or enhancing existing products, with both Agile and Waterfall experience
- typically, responsible for defining the testing approach for a piece of work (manual/ automated/ blended), planning the test programme, advising on testing tools, overseeing testing delivery to meet project deadlines
- you’ll be comfortable working in a small, high-performance team, willing to share ideas, keen to gain product expertise, and confident when defending the testing methodology
- have acquired experience across a range of automated testing tools, including Selenium, and understand the importance of manual testing as part of the fuller test plan
What can you expect from the role:
- You’ll work in a tight-knit team, to AGILE (SCRUM / KANBAN) methodologies, concurrently on a series of projects within a new product team
- You will have direct access and accountability to the Head of Product, Product Owner, and Project Manager
- You’ll be a hands-on Test Lead, managing/ mentoring juniors, engaged across the full project lifecycle
- You will discover that your team will be accessible and supportive, keep you on your toes and expect you to play your part in continuing the success of the product
- There will be opportunity to travel to Malaga, Spain from time to time.