Our customer close to Maidenhead are looking for an enthusiastic and thorough QA Lead Engineer
Our customer close to Maidenhead are looking for an enthusiastic and thorough QA Lead Engineer to join the in-house Tech Team. You will help deliver market-leading online experiences and Lead the QA process and mentor two capable Manual Software Testers. The ideal person will have a love of technology, high attention to detail, and a passion for ensuring the release of flawless software. Embedded within the engineering group, and working with developers, project management and business analysts, you will be a key player in the varied, fast-paced and agile software delivery.
Is a permanent role, circa £45k and benefits, 4 days / week WFH
- Own and evolve the formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Take ownership of the QA cycle, including: establishing metrics, applying best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and especially automated).
- Act as the key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases within the tech team, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources – working with the Senior Developers and Programme Management.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, helping team development and professional growth, and assuming line manager responsibilities.
Experience with GitHub.
Good understanding of API testing using software like Postman.
Experience with test coverage tools like Browserstack.
Basic foundation/understanding in front-end technologies including JS/CSS/HTML.
Experience with test automation would be preferable, such as knowledge of the Selenium suite, iMacros etc.