SAP expert for Finance Shared Services Systems Manager role.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a Finance team as a Finance Shared Services & Systems Manager. In this role you will play a key part in supporting the finance function and wider business with the main purpose of the role seeing you oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Lead, manage and inspire the Payables, Receivables team creating a climate of openness, mutual respect and trust.
- Manage the supplier payment process through CHAPS/ BACS transfers or cheque runs.
- Managing production of key reports and reviewing them to ensure suppliers are paid within agreed SLA (i.e. aged debtor, creditor reports and pre-payment report)
- Work in partnership with the finance teams, to help support and answer queries and from the business with respect to Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Ongoing research of aged receivables and unapplied payments and provide information and assistance regarding applicable policies and procedures.
- Supporting financial and management reporting, internal/external audit and year end processes as required.
- Managing the training of business and finance colleagues on the financial system- utilising expert knowledge by producing and delivering appropriate training materials.
- Constant interaction with clients and vendors regarding AR, AP and stakeholders in Systems matters
- Conduct regular reviews of departmental performance and act as an ambassador of Avanti West Coast with external parties.
- Maintain procedures and systems of internal control to protect safe stewardship and custody of assets and maintain the integrity of the associated financial records.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of managing Accounts Payable/Receivable team
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills – communicating and inspiring at all levels of the organisation; constructively challenging as necessary.
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with Finance Teams