The Tech team gives the whole business the functionality it needs to excel. With a wealth of expertise in design and development, we find solutions and anticipate the needs of our rapidly scaling business. What’s next starts with us, whether that’s delivering end-to-end customer experience and taking a holistic view on business systems and tools.
Working with the Head of Software Engineering we need you to help us:
● Take an important role in our technology team as we design, deliver and migrate to a refreshed suite of software and an improved experience for our customers.
● Work effectively within a growing Agile team and contribute to all aspects of the software development process from design through to delivery.
● Develop well-crafted, reliable and performant software across multiple tech stacks.
● Understand and be able to use SQL queries & stored procedures in web applications. Knowledge of leveraging noSQL such as Redis a plus.
● Continue our journey with microservices, and cloud-based event-driven architecture.
● Work closely with your team, marketing and the wider business to devise innovative solutions for new product features.
● Maintain and improve the performance, reliability and quality of existing solutions.
Requirements (skills, software, education)
● Support definition of the overall design and architecture of the customer experience.
● Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
● Collaborate with the rest of the technical team to design and launch new features.
● Working with the creative team to translate designs and visual assets in to highly effective customer experiences.
● Understanding and implement measures to assure security and data protection.
● Proficient experience using libraries and frameworks such as React/next.js.
● Understanding of a range of server-side languages.
● Work with API specification, design, delivery and management.
● Familiarity with microservice and event-driven architecture – experience in AWS (Lambdas, SQS, Eventbridge etc) a plus.
● Passion to keep yourself updated with the latest industry trends and standards.
● Commercial experience in ecommerce is desirable.