Insurtech, London City, Start Up culture, need a Snr BA... to £85k
Our London based customer is looking for a senior business analyst to join the Technology team, providing creative digital and technology services to there team of underwriters. You will work with an amazing team, to shape the future of the underwriting business.
As a business analyst you will be the link between business teams to translate their customers’ requirements into viable solutions.
Reporting to the Program lead, you will be responsible for;
- Identifying and analysing challenges at play, designing innovative solutions to implement digital, technology, and operational processes.
- Providing the business analysis expertise required to support the technology changes and make sure the business is ready to accept and run them.
You will need to be comfortable working in a start-up. You will need to have technical awareness and the ability to understand and work with technical teams. The role of a Business Analyst is a hands on, and will participate in some of software configurations.
- Carry out workshops and use other methods for effective requirement elicitation.
- Conduct in depth analysis utilising a range of techniques and processes to define and articulate requirements to support development and project delivery.
- Work with team members to create and deliver technology applications, processes, and products to fit the business current requirements and future enhancements.
- Work with team members to prioritize work.
- Support the product owner with the upkeep of the backlog and identification of value increments.
- Facilitate elaboration and continuous conversation with the scrum team to ensure agility, quality, and appreciation of the bigger picture to deliver to changing needs.
- Ability to synthesize requests, uncover inherent trends, make recommendations about associated implications to business performance, communicate findings and recommendations to a variety of audiences and overall technology roadmap.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify emerging trends, needs and opportunities to provide distinctive value and outcomes from the services and data.
- Conduct testing of software deployment and updates
- Facilitate continuous engagement with end users and other stakeholders to ensure requirements and deliverables remain relevant to changing needs.
Must have skills/ knowledge:
- Agile methodologies – experience in using Agile and working in an Agile program.
- Insurance knowledge – Understands the fundamentals of commercial insurance and claims processes/services. Knowledge of business key performance indicators (KPIs) with a preference in KPIs for the risk, insurance, and claims industry.
- Technology – Working knowledge of insurance technology (policy and program admin systems)
- Communication – Excellent communication and collaboration skills required, to effectively work with a variety of partners. Be confident in presenting, running workshops, writing documentation
- Must enjoy a start-up environment, they are a small team.
- You have a can-do attitude.
- You are flexible in your working style and enjoy working between IT, Operations, and Underwriting Programs is required.
- You are self-motivated. You are happy to work independently, organize your time/work and effectively work in collaboration with others.
- 6-8 years of Business Analyst experience required in insurance.
- Worked using some agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban, SAFe, XP, Scrum).
- Have previous experience with software implementation.
- Client facing experience is required
- Proven success in business requirements gathering, design and development of proper documentation for prioritization within the overall roadmap and technology direction
- Demonstrated ability in business facilitation and effective use of project management techniques/tools.