Seeking applications from candidates with skills in SQL, SSRS, Data (Placed)
Located close to Piccadilly London, A Database Administrator is required to join this small team and perform a varied role with the support of the manager.
Salary circa £35k, 6% contribution pension, 25 days leave, season ticket loans etc.
You will work closely with the IT department and external partners to run the day-to-day development of our database in order to meet user needs and performance requirements and in line with the data governance framework and data strategy. You will deliver training to all our users, writing supporting database documentation including data standards and procedures. You will also assist in the delivery of new reporting technologies and the production of ad hoc and recurring user and data quality reports.
You will have good interpersonal skills and are able to build excellent professional relationships as well as solve problems. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a team that has a broad outreach with partners from across the organisation.
You will have experience of a SQL database and the principles of database design. A deep understanding of manipulating large data sets is also essential. This role sits within a small team who sit at the centre of the organisation.
You will undertake day-to-day maintenance, development, integration and support of the company database to ensure it performs to optimal level and in accordance with users’ expectations. Other responsibilities include:
- Monitor and fix data and systems-related problems that may arise.
- Help support system upgrades through robust user acceptance testing and impact assessments.
- Maintain systems documentation and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Work with the IT and Communications departments to resolve technical issues and improve the database when needed.
- Stay updated on changes and opportunities presented by the EBMS vendor including attendance at UK EBMS User Group.
- Maintain data standards as set by the framework, including compliance with relevant legislation, e.g. DPA, PECR and GDPR.
- Maintain database integrity and security (handle roles and permissions of database users).
- Handle change requests for new functionality in conjunction with Change Procedures.
Support and Training
- Provide day-to-day support to all EBMS users and respond to system and data issues in an appropriate manner.
- Administer, attend and contribute to the Data Governance Committee.
- Provide EBMS and report training to staff as required; write detailed user-friendly manuals and keep them updated.
- Build and run a rolling plan of user and Institute training needs; record training delivered and user feedback.
- Provide technical assistance when delivering improved reports with new technologies.
- Develop both bespoke and recurring marketing and management reports in concurrence the strategic data strategy objectives.
- Provide regular data quality reports as per practice and our framework.
- Carry out other Data Management related tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Maintain and further develop key skills and knowledge required to handle data, the database and key interfaces.
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels and external support companies.
- Strong working knowledge of managing a SQL database and data using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of main data manipulation languages (SQL) and the principles of database design.
- Solid experience of manipulating large data sets for reporting purposes using Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Access) or BI reporting and analysis tools.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and resolve them in a timely and efficient manner.
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Very good team playing and interpersonal skills; able to work with a variety of people, from senior management to junior administrators.
- Great organisational abilities and the skills to priorities tasks and work to strict deadlines.
- Active in planning and anticipating problems before they arise.
- Ability to report on issues in a clear and concise manner (both verbally and in writing).
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase internal user happiness and deepen user relationships.
- Knowledge of EBMS database.
- Experience of Crystal reporting.
- An understanding of information legislation such as the Data Protection Act.
- Computer science / information technology qualification.
- Experience of producing user-friendly documentation and operating manuals.
- Experienced in providing training to individuals and small groups.