Our customer is a leader in their chosen field, a profitable high growth business (Offered/Accepted)
The role will report to the Head of Software Development and work alongside the internal
development team, Product Managers and external developers as a key part of the technology
They are looking for an ambitious candidate who will take an important role in the team as
They design, deliver and migrate to a refreshed data architecture and improved experience for the
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate some experience and knowledge of all stages of database design, development and support processes.
Specific responsibilities for the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Own the definition of the data architecture
• Ensure that all day-to-day data performance is optimised.
• Influence the design and overall architecture of the web application.
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Collaborate with the rest of the technical team to design and launch new features.
• Maintain code integrity and organization.
• Working with the creative team to translate designs and visual assets in to highly
effective customer and partner tools
• Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
• Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
This is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a talented technical team.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
Ideal Candidates will need to possess some or all of the following attributes:
• Experienced with a range of programming languages and some current
experience of designing and managing SQL environments.
• Expertise in database optimisation and query writing.
• Experience with API specification, design, delivery and management.
• Knowledge of development tools including GitHub, Jenkins, Maven and Kubernetes.
• Ability to help build a technical vision for the organisation and to work as part of a fast paced
• Previous experience of a wide range of databases and data management tools.
• This is a hands-on development role and the successful candidate will need to be
motivated by delivering at speed and to a high level of quality.
• A team player who enjoys collaborating with peers and other departments in a low ego
• Strong communicator capable of presenting ideas clearly to non-technical colleagues.